Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Product review: Que Bella clay mask


These Que Bella face masks retail at Target for just about $2. They come in a wide variety of types and purposes, from "relaxing lavender," "clarifying cucumber," to this intriguing "self-heating clay mask". I've tried a few of the other versions, but this one definitely caught my eye for being self-heating, so I decided to try it out. This particular masks claims to: "draw out impurities to leave radiant skin."

Right off the bat, I noticed that unlike a normal clay mask, this one is oily. When opened, you can actually see the oils that have separated from the "clay," and it's really quite difficult and futile to try and mix them before applying. It also has a very pale, fleshy tone that is pretty much transparent when spread over the skin; so I was a little surprised as I was expecting more of a muddy consistency.

This is what it looks like on the skin:


It's actually quite jelly-like, so spreading it across your skin takes a while. And immediately after it touches the skin it heats up. It feels nice at first, but the intensity of the heat doesn't last, which sucks. I sat with it on in the bath, and after about 10 or 15 minutes I could feel it melting (not sure if this is normal, because it was hardly steamy in the bathroom). 

Overall, I thought it was nice just like any other mask - but nothing really special. There was nothing notable about the end result; it literally just felt like any mask out there. As for the claim of radiant skin, I wasn't really feeling it. The initial heat definitely felt like it did some work on clearing my pores a tad -  but there's no visibly clearer or more radiant skin. 

A great mask for clearing pores a bit, but otherwise average.

Have you said Hi yet? Read my intro post & get acquainted with BeautyShines: Hello! :D

-BeautyShines ^.^

P.S. Don't forget that beauty shines through both me and you! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment